National Cadet Corps
The National Cadet Corps is the Indian military cadet corps with its Headquarters at New Delhi, Delhi, India. National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization, comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens
In our college, i.e. JSS Law College, Mysuru, we have an active unit of NCC Air wing of 2/4 KAR AIR SQN NCC, Mysuru, under the able guidance and presence of our unfathomable ANO, Flying Officer (Dr.) N. Vani Shree. Students from our college, and especially ‘women’ who are cadets of 4 KAR AIR SQN NCC have achieved innumerable laurels and have even reached the pinnacle of glory by representing India on an International level. Please allow me to show case and share some of the achievements of our cadets.
Cadet Bhagyalakshmi had been a part of the Republic Day Contingent Camp 2015, which is the most prestigious National Camp. This was after attending the AIVSC 2014; All India Vayu Sainik Camp, which again is another prestigious camp in the Air Wing. She was also selected to be a part of the Prime Minister’s Rally at the Republic Day Camp.
Cadet Supreetha C T
Cadet Supreetha C. T. of our college was selected for the Youth Exchange Programme (YEP) December 2016, where she represented India in Maldives. She also went on to become a part of the famous Raj Path March on 26th January, 2016. It is in this camp that she was awarded as the 4th Best Cadet across India. All this after successfully attending VSC and the AIVSC in 2015.
- Beti Padhao, Beti Bachao Rally.
- Swach Bharath Abhiyan happening every Saturday in College premises.
- Republic Day Parade and Rally
- Independence Day Parade and Rally
- Karnataka Kannada Rajyotsava Parade and Rally
- International Yoga Day and Rally
- Kargil Diwas, Martyr’s Day, Gandhi Jayanthi and other top notch activities.
- Most of our Cadets who have passed out of college have attempted JAG (Judge Advocate General) and SSB. Joining the services is in their blood now.
Some More Proud Cadets
- Cadet Satya Murthy Chetty came out with flying colours at the Indian Air Force Attachment camp held at Duindigal in October, 2015. He stood amongst the top few in firing.
- Cadet Amit Gowda from our college represented Karnataka and Goa in VSC and AIVSC in 2015.
- Cadet Akshara Priyadarshini from our college represented Karnataka and Goa in VSC and AIVSC in 2015.
- Cadet Sneha Shree from our college attended SSB Training Program at Officers Training Academy (OTA) Gwalior in November 2014. She was also selected to represent Karnataka at the National Firing Camp (Mavlankar) at Belgaum.
- Cadet Dhanya, Cadet Ashika, and Cadet Sneha Shree had attended the NIC at Nagerkoil.
- Somusundaram M. from our college represented Karnataka and Goa in the AIVSC 2016, held at Jodhpur, Rajasthan. He was also a part of the contingent from Karnataka and Goa who attended NIC held at Jammu & Kashmir, in 2017.
- Meemansa Singh from our college represented Karnataka and Goa in the AIVSC 2016, held at Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Meemansa was also part of our contingent in NIC Kanyakumari, in 2017.
- We also actively helped and supported Cadet Bilal Ahmed Shariff of our college who represented Karnataka in the TSC (Thal Sainik Camp), held at New Delhi. He was also a part of the contingent from Karnataka and Goa who attended NIC held at Jammu & Kashmir in 2017.
- Dhanyatha R. of our college represented Karnataka and Goa in AIVSC 2017, held at Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Dhanushree R. of the same class and college also took part in VSC till the third phase.
- Cadet Akshay, Cadet Nithin, and Cadet Ramachandran attended trekking in Kerala in 2018.
- More recently Cadet Sumukh Bharadwaj attended NIC at Uttarakhand in 2018.
- The above cadets have also attended many acclaimed camps like VSC, CATC, IGC, Pre-RDC, and ATC as well.
- As we are aware that not all could reach the pinnacle of glory, the list of cadets who almost made it to the National Rankings and who were almost there is not added in here. This list is simply not exhaustive.
- At the Regional and the State level we from JSS Law College have always been an active part of many activities listed as mandate here.